HOW DO I GET READY?
Upper Endoscopy Instruction
- Written by Los Angeles Colonoscopy
1. Nothing should be eaten or drank after the midnight of the day prior to the examination until the procedure is completed.
2. Arrive 15-30 minutes before the appoinment with Dr. Choi.
3. It is usually helpful to stop taking Aspirin, Ecotrin, Coumadin, Aggrenox, or Plavix 5 days before and after the exam, unless instructed otherwise by Dr. Choi or your primary care physician. You should always confirm with your primary care physician whether it is safe to discontinue Plavix or Coumadin prior to the procedure.
4. Have some one available to accompany the patient home after the examination. (It is not safe for the patient to drive home or return to work, right after the examination due to the medication used during the examination.) However, if you choose to undergo upper endoscopy without sedation, using our state-of-art Ultrathin Gastroscope, then, there will be no restriction on you daily activity following the procedure.
5. You should be able to eat regular food without any restriction after the examination unless instructed otherwise.